Bloggers are big news these days. Some of the top blog sites are even, dare I say it, overtaking traditional print media like magazines.
People are more and more likely to click on a blog that they see shared on Facebook than to actually go out and buy a magazine ~ think about it, when did you last buy a magazine or click on a Facebook link?
This is great for us, because it means if we can get our businesses featured on the right blogs, then we can start to grow our audience and showcase our expertise.
There are two ways you can utilise the power of blogs to build your brand ~ the first is by guest blogging on sites which are likely to be read by your dream customer. I do this a lot with my own business, and have a module in The Publicity Program teaching exactly this.
The second way is to work directly with bloggers themselves, which is what I’m going to talk about today.
There are lots of ways that bloggers can help promote your brand ~
# They could write about your service and offer a freebie or competition
# They could interview you about a particular topic
# They could review your program
# They could include your product in a gift guide or round-up
# They could review your book
# They could photograph themselves wearing or using your product
Really, they offer exactly the same possibilities as a glossy magazine, but with potentially far great reach.
So, how do you go about connecting with them?
1. Start by actually reading their blog, connecting with them on Twitter and getting a feel for how they write and what they talk about.
2. Check out their site – often they will have guidelines around how to connect with them, and what they are willing to collaborate on.
3. If appropriate, reach out to them via a short, friendly email introducing yourself and your business, and asking if they would be open to a collaboration or joint venture of some kind.
4. Give them a few ideas – show them that you’ve done your homework, and that you’ve really taken the time to think about what their readers want to hear about.
5. ALWAYS come at it from a place of giving ~ how can you help them, add value for their readers, and provide something useful that their readers will love?
Once you start reaching out, you’ll realise that this is actually a lot of fun, and a great way to build up a networking of wonderful people to work with.
It’s also a really good way to start getting your business seen ~ it takes time, but even if you just aim for one piece of coverage a month you will see the benefits ~ and you’ll be able to add those shiny ‘as seen in..’ logos on your site too!
If you’d love to find out more about how you can work with bloggers, then doors are currently open for The Publicity Program ~ my VIP members club with a difference. I don’t believe in just giving you the information then running, which is why I’m there every step of the way to provide support and advice for my lovely members.
Have a lovely day!